Sunday 6 January 2013

Heidi and Rolland Baker - The hungry always get fed.

Oh wow I had to blog about this book! I bought this a while back while i was wedding planning and it was only this week that I actually had time to pick it up and really set about reading it, and oh my word its awesome!

Its written by Heidi and Rolland Baker and is a book based on their blogs (found on their website), Its like reading their diaries and having this unique insight into their life in Mozambique. Heidi and Rolland set up Iris Ministries and house thousands of children they feed the hungry, tell people about Jesus and see miracles every day the blind see, the lame walk, the deaf hear, food is multiplied, love is poured out in abundance. The testimonies in this book are staggering they are wonderful and so real and give so much Glory to God! The bravery and commitment of this couple their lives arms wide open surrendered to God is so inspiring!

It changed my whole perspective, it made so many things look insignificant it made me see what the Gospel is really about and it made me want to live for a greater cause. It shaped me and moved me and I would recommend it to anyone it inspires you to forget about the ordinary life and do something extraordinary for God! I am so glad these guys are out there in Mozambique and that they share the incredible stories with us! God is active in Mozambique and reading the stories of his healing and love there are life changing to say the least!

Psalm 68:5: 'A father to the fatherless,
                    A defender of widows is God in his holy dwelling.
                    God sets the lonely in families"

Matt 25:40: "The king will reply, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me"

Quote by Heidi Baker, Page 68: "God is not about using the mighty but the willing. He is not into using amazing people, just ones who prepared to lay their lives down to him. God is not looking for extraordinary, exceptionally gifted people, just laid down lovers of Jesus who will carry his glory with transparency and not take it for themselves"

For more information about Iris ministries go to: http://www.irismin.org

To buy this book got to: http://www.eden.co.uk/shop/more-than-enough-pb-123887.html

Or you can follow iris ministries on Facebook!

Be inspired!

Love Janine.

No comments:

Post a Comment