Wednesday 13 July 2011

Francine Rivers 'And the shofar blew'

What is it about?


'And the shofar blew is about Paul Hudson, Paul Hudson is a PK (Pastors Kid) and him and his wife Eunice and his son Timothy are called to a struggling church, Centreville christian church. It doesn't take long for Paul to turn things round there, the church grows rapidly and everything seems to be going really well. He wants his wife to be happy for him but she knows that something isn't right and she has known all the time.
As read on back of book: 'Eunice closes her bedroom door quietly and knelt beside her bed. Im drowning, God. I've never felt so alone. Who can I turn to but you, Lord? Where else does a pastors wife go for help when her marraige is failing and her life is out of control? Who can I trust with my anguish, Lord who but you?
Grasping her pillow, she pressed it tightly to her mouth so that her sobs would not be heard'


What did I think of it?

I ordered this book off amazon, I'd never heard of it before and I'm so glad I did this book has spoken to me so much! I would recommend it to anyone. It covers so many real life issues! Issues in the church, Issues in our lives it is hard hitting and real and thats why i like it! I could not put it down you are simply not satisfied until you have read the last page! After I had read this book I walked down the road smiling! I felt grateful for my pastors, grateful for each and every person in the body of christ, grateful for one another. I am so glad I read this book I don't think I will look at church the same way again. The way I first described it is like 'a warning in a book' It definately had something to show me.

Thanks for reading this 

If you want to buy this book you can do so at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shofar-Blew-Francine-Rivers/dp/0842365834/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_5


Or if you want to check out Francine River's website where you can read an excerpt from this book and look at all her others! http://www.francinerivers.com/




Don't you just love tulips! :)
Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment